- » explore the secluded beach
- » enjoy New Zealand rural character within a small community
- » stroll along walkways and around
the rolling hills
- » kayak around the estuary
- » encounter sea lions and seals on the beach and birdlife nesting in the cliffs
- » venture out the mouth to enjoy the local fishing
- » snorkel around the coast and dive for shellfish
- » admire stunning sunrises and panoramic views from volcanic mounts to the sea
- » kite windsail safe beach
Exclusive Sections For Sale
Tumai Beach is an exciting new concept; mixing the best that rural and residential New Zealand living has to offer.
The development is enhanced by an ecological restoration project including; re-establishment of tidal flows through removal of the existing causeway and extensive native replantation project. In keeping with this predators are to be controlled and new plantings and housing must be sympathetic to the rural amenity values, protecting the unique character for all residents to enjoy.
46km north from the centre of the city of Dunedin, Tumai Beach is only a 36 minute drive along State Highway 1 through the township of Waikouaiti. The road will be sealed from the Highway, along the private road running through the development to your driveway.
This is a unique opportunity to enjoy this warm, north facing and isolated corner of the original North Tumai Farm.
Latest Tumai Beach Updates
The first 1.9 km’s of Thorburn Road is to be widened to a 2-way road with a 5.5-meter seal width.
Under ground power and water supplies will be connected to the sold sections approximately 2011/2012.
Trees: Additional native plants will be planted in the Autumn over the next 5 years.
Prospective purchasers will then need to make an appointment with Peter or Irene or their preferred real-estate agent.