Questions & Answers
If your question is not among the following questions, please feel free to contact us.
1. Does Tumai Beach have the necessary approvals to proceed?
Tumai Beach has resource consent to proceed. Work is well under way and titles are expected August 2010. Lots 1, 4, 9 13 and 14 are within the North Coast Coastal Landscape Preservation Area so these have additional resource consent requirements, all buildings require building consents as is usual.
2. What am I purchasing when I buy property at Tumai Beach?
A freehold title to one of the 22 sections with a proportional share in the balance of land, which is also freehold, this allows you access to beach, estuary, walking tacks, launching ramps etc as of right.
3. Who do I pay my 10% deposit to and when?
The deposit is payable to Gallaway Cook Allan solicitors' trust account within 5 days of signing the Sale and Purchase agreement.
4. Will there be overhead power lines or the like?
All services will be reticulated under ground.
5. Are there any covenants on the titles?
There are a number of covenants which reflect the resource consent conditions. For full conditions please inquire through the agents, however these constrain the type of building permissible, prevent future subdivision and impose some constraints on building height, material and predators.
6. What is the building height maximum?
Generally building height is limited to 5.0m above the existing or modified ground level.
7. Will there be any restrictions on section owners' choice of building materials or colours?
The constraints are intended to "minimise built impact on the rural and natural character of the site". Please contact an agent if you require more specific information.
The DCC Building Code and District Plan requirements apply and Lots 1, 4, 9 13 and 14, within the North Coast Coastal Landscape Preservation Area, have some additional restrictions requiring an additional resource consent to allow the Council to manage visual impact of the houses in each of these sections more closely.
8. Do I need to get my solicitor to prepare a Sale & Purchase agreement?
Your agent can provide you with all the documentation relating to the purchase of sections. There are particular requirements for the Lots and TBS which have been prepared to simplify and standardise the process.
9. Can I design a house and prepare building plans before settlement?
Information is available on each section to allow you to proceed with detailed planning to suit your time table and to allow you to get planning on your home well before settlement is due.
10. Who is responsible for new plantings?
The developer is responsible for the 10 year Planting programme. This is part of the Resource Consent.
11. How is land around sections to be managed.
By a services company which has a board elected by the section owners. This Company is called Tumai beach Services Ltd (TBS).
12. What is a services company?
It is a small company formed to own pumping systems and pipe. It also manages road maintenance and weed control on the common land.
13. How does the service company TBS manage the land?
By selling the surplus grass and using proceeds to fertilize and control any weeds.
14. How are TBS costs allocated?
Annual costs are allocated equally among all property owner with the exception of water supply, these costs are largely allocated on a user pays basis.
15. What is a Farm Park?
A farm park is sustainable form of development providing a cluster of building sites in a rural setting. The associated farm continues to operate as a separate commercial operation.
16. How is water supply to the houses arranged?
Dam water will be filterd and supplied to each section
17. Who pays for the rainwater tanks on each section?
Each section owner is responsible for their own rainwater tank.
18. What is meant by "grey water"?
"Grey water" is supplied to each property via TBS. It is dam water that has been filtered and ultraviolet treated. Whilst many would consider this clean water it is not intended for drinking water, rather used for activities such as washing, toilets, watering the garden.
19. Is there a sewage system in place?
Each property owner will be responsible for installing and maintaining their own approved septic tank system.
20. What fencing can Purchasers construct?
Detailed descriptions are present in the covenants required by the Resource Consent. Generally the intent is to preclude fencing, monumental gates, etc. while permitting those necessary fencing requirements such as might be required to meet swimming pool legislation with the proviso that fences fit with the rural character.
21. Will there be any gates on the road?
A gate may be required for stock management purposes. This will need to be agreed between the farmer and TBS. A single automatic gate is anticipated as the likely preferred solution.
22. Can I drive to Tumai Beach to view?
Private road, access available to potential purchases, owners and invitees only.